life-changing

it's all about Godly doctrine that will give our life a true meaniing for living. This eventually bring about a fulfilled life.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

DISCERNING THE WIL OF GOD (PART II)

DISCERNING THE WILL OF GOD (Part II)

The place of reasoning in discerning God’s will for our lives is equally worth-mentioning. What distinguishes man from wild beasts is his ability to think logically. For example, if John believes it is the will of God for him to become an engineer, yet he has always performed poorly in physics and mathematics, common sense dictates here that he chasing the wind.

But there are cults claiming to be Christian groups and controlling many young zealots. They maintain that whatever the leader teaches is the will of God. Any contrary view must not be entertained even for a moment. To think of anything else, they teach, is to listen to the devil. We maintain that any cult or group whose teaching discourages its adherents from using their God-given mental faculty has its origin from Satan. Its goal is to keep those misguided followers in perpetual servitude to the devil himself.

Finally, maintaining a daily quiet time with God for Bible reading and prayer plays a vital role in helping a Christian to discern the will of God. Implicit in this practice is a humble and obedient attitude toward the Almighty. Daily Bible reading and prayers constantly remind us of the nature of God, and keep our conduct daily exposed to the searchlight of His will on a daily basis, until we become accustomed to discerning and practicing His will. So when the time comes to make major life decisions, we do not grope in darkness. Our daily quiet time with God has kept us in the habit of being in the right place, doing the thing. Then we can confidently testify, like Abraham’s servant, “I being in the way, the lord led me” (Genesis 24:27)

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Perez said...

I do think that reading the bible everyday is good, and should be done...I sometimes do not, but I pray everyday...I am not sure what you mean in your comment you left me...How is it I sound like a programmer...And by programmer do you mean like a story teller or a brain washer? I am not sure, but anyways have a lovely Thanksgiving and may God be with you

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Perez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Perez said...

Okay so maybe I understand you, a bit...I think you are saying to put part of the bible into my writing, like you did the Acts 1:8, but I must say that the story was from my own writing and I never planed to share it...I shared it to spread my word of God..How did I do..I do not know why I would put where you can find these things at because somehow I know them in my heart.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Andy said...

what i simply mean is that u can channel whatsoever u are into to spread the gospel.i then gave an instance of the need fora programmer to write a gospel related program at times.
i am into system Engineerig and so most of the computer i build has gospel related programs instal on it, even if the costumer do not request for it.Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home