life-changing

it's all about Godly doctrine that will give our life a true meaniing for living. This eventually bring about a fulfilled life.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

THOU ART HONOURABLE

THOU ART HONOURABLE

“And Jabex was more honorable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabex, saying, because I bare him with sorrow.” 1 Chronicles 4:8.

God’s greatest love for us is revealed in our ability to absolutely trust him without giving much credence to our situation or circumstances, God showed His love usually when we approach Him as a father with our burden, this act of trust was illustrated in our text.

Jabex discovered a “stink” in his life from birth which earned him an Acronym of a child of sorrow which made him walk about with bowed-head and folded arms.

But Jabex instead of growing up with the stigma, he rather approached God in prayer and the bible recorded that God granted his request and made him honorable among his brethren (1 Chronicles 4:9). What a testimony!

By implication, the story of Jabex illustrates what God expects us to do about our situation or circumstances, we might find ourselves as we relate with Him daily.

God expects full fledge trust from us to do all things (Jeremiah 32:17). As Jabex did.
The story of Jabex teaches us a very important lesson in rising up to challenges (Jabex had a choice, he could have chosen to meet a relative, friend, pastor (etc) but he rather approached his maker and lay down the burden of his life at his feet.

With this children can also pray, age is not a barrier to working/walking with God. We are encouraged to face every challenge of life with prayer and trust in the power of the Almighty God to rise on our behalf. As children in His presence, we owe God the responsibility of interceding for our biological parents, friends, school, church, and even our nation.

Jabex intended to go the extra-miles for God when he prayed to God to enlarge his coast. God loves the mind that would attempt what seems impossible before men and solving people’s problem.

As children of God, we are more advantageous than people of Jabex dispensation through the Holy Spirit. So what else are you waiting for?

2 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Perez said...

I do put my faith in God and He gives me so much everyday...He keeps my heart beating....Thank you for the comment and you do write well. Forgive my bad language...I didn't think anyone would read what I wrote and I was a bit mad at my family...But anyway thank you
Perez

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Perez said...

Okay I did read John and still I am confused...I do not understand what they are meaning. I think I have read that God is Jesus and that He is the light and was God that walked on the earth...I would like to bring up a book I look at the a book store and it was called (i believe) The Chatholic How to book, But anyways I can not remember what it was called, but a question that was asked was about Jesus and if saying Jesus was God was putting a false god before the one and only God. I would like to ask if it is the Christian was to say that Jesus is God?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home