life-changing

it's all about Godly doctrine that will give our life a true meaniing for living. This eventually bring about a fulfilled life.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

who is the lord part 3

WHO IS THE LORD PART 3

Like we discussed in who is the lord part II, we shall be considering another tyranic king in our discussion today. Join me as I introduce King Herod.

HEROD Acts 12:21-23.

King Herod dressed in his royal attire and sat majestically on his throne. He made an oration, and he was hailed as god on earth and that the speech he had delivered was super human and it was that of god in man. He enjoyed the flattery. His acceptance of the flattery confirmed what they said about him. He stole the glory of God and ascribed to himself the majesty of God as if to say, who is the lord besides me?

The Almighty answered immediately. He was smitten by an angel of the lord, and was being eaten by worms before he even breathed his last.

Having considered the already mentioned kings and their contempt and challenge for the supremacy of the Almighty and the consequences thereof, let’s see another personality who asked the same question as a result of genuine desire to know the king of kings.

MOSES Exodus 2
The question: who is the Lord? May be borne by genuine desire to know the Lord of Lords and king of kings.

When the Almighty decided to end the suffering of the Israelite in the land of Egypt, He appeared unto Moses through the burning bush. After He had sent Moses to Pharaoh to allow His people to go to the Promised Land, Moses enquired from the Lord.
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you: and they shall say unto to me, what is his name? What shall I say unto them? Exo.3:13.

The above passage indicates a genuine desire to know who the Lord is: not out of contempt but out of anxiety to know who has sent him to his people.
Listen to the re-assuring answer the Lord gave to Moses.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Ex3:14. Indeed God reveal His real identity to Him. Hear what God said:

And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. Ex 3:15. Because Moses had a humble and sincere desire to know who God is, God revealed His true identity I AM THAT I AM.

Conclusively, let’s consider the implications of this great revelation:
1 This revelation means that God is the all sufficient one.
2 That God is the inexhaustible source of joy.
3 That God is the present continuous God.
4 That God is enough for all generation.
5 That God is the beginning and the ending.
6 That God is without a predecessor or successor.
7 That God is all you need for a life time.
8 That God is the creator and sustainer of all.

5 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Perez said...

Hello Andy...I was trying to add a clock to my blog and it was in the wrong place so I have to pick a new style and I didn't remember which one I had...So I just picked a new one...

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Perez said...

http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/ Look at this blog....Something interesting to see

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Perez said...

I now understand why you told me about the trinity....I get it..But I still have my quetions and the way you write about the Old Testament makes me want to question why people worship Jesus all over again...But I understand God is three people the father the Son and the Holy Spirit...

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Andy - Check out Technorati.com for the tags with related topics. It's free to sign up and then you just log on and ping them when you make changes to your site. Let me know when you do that and then I'll tell you how to create the html link on your posts like I do. Also if you upgrade your site to blogger beta it lets you do the same thing in a little space below your post so you can have double the links. It's great to do both and it really increases the traffic to your site. After signing up with technorati you have to put their search thing on your sight to the side like I did and then people can search your blog for specific topics. Let me know if you have questions.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Perez said...

Have a good Christmas Andy!! God bless and take care-perez

 

Post a Comment

<< Home